Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 7: St. Kitts

I'm actually sending this the next morning in St. Thomas. I couldn't get on wifi at all on the ship last night.

_____________________________________

Once again, this will be short. It's 10:38pm and that new mattress is calling me.

We did not arrive in St. Kitts until 10am today, which provided lots of time for a walk this morning before a leisurely breakfast in the dining room. It was raining when I climbed up to Deck 19 this morning, so there was no sunrise and I ended up going down to the covered Promenade Deck to walk.

Today was "laundry day", and before breakfast I gathered up what we had to be given to our cabin steward Johnation. A quick note about our free laundry and dry cleaning...I learned last year on the Internet that I was probably the only person on the ship actually totaling the cost of the laundry we submitted even though it's free for us. So dutiful! Now I happily just draw a squiggle line down the cost column and total the number of items. Now the hardest part of "doing laundry" is removing those so sticky laundry labels. Honestly, not a month goes by even when we're home that one or the other of us doesn't get jabbed by something inside our clothes, and upon closer examination discover that it's the pointy corner of a laundry label left behind from a cruise months earlier.

After breakfast, I swung into Club Fusion for a tropical deck party line dancing session, where we learned 7 or so quick line dances to do during a flash mob at tonight's tropical deck party up by the Neptune's Reef pool. (Not that I had any intention of actually attending the party- it's hard to stay up for it- but last year I wanted to learn the dance and never really did. I'll have several opportunities this year to master it). 45 minutes later, we were all hot and sweaty, but it was a lot of fun, especially as the dances were taught by cruise staffer Alissa, who is fun in her own right.